Monday, January 28, 2019

Action Is Better Than Word


Jesus preaching on the mount
Image courtesy: www.godisreal.today/


Jesus Christ taught in Matthew 25:35-36 how to be a good follower of him more by action than by word. Do we really follow him? The following poem reminds us of our failures in putting his teaching into practice. 

Pope Francis is trying to help us follow the teachings of Jesus in our life, in whatever positions we are in. Let the following poem rouse us to action!



Listen, Christian!
By Bob Rowland

I was hungry
and you formed a humanities club
and discussed my hunger.
Thank you.

I was imprisoned
and you crept off quietly
to your chapel in the cellar
and prayed for my release.

I was naked
and in your mind
you debated the morality of 
my appearance.

I was sick
and you knelt
and thanked God 
for your health.

I was homeless
and you preached to me
about the spiritual shelter
of the love of God.

I was lonely
and you left me alone
to pray for me.

Christian,
you seem so holy; 
so close to God.
But I'm still very hungry,
and lonely,
and cold...



Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment