Monday, December 24, 2018

A Christmas Poem: Christ Chose This Planet for Love's Transcendence


Merry Christmas!
Artwork by Andrea Mary D'Costa

Christ Chose This Planet for Love’s Transcendence

By Adrian D’Costa

Ave Maria and Salve Regina.
Our Lady conceived the Word.
I am Who am.
To the much feared, it means
to give them courage.
To the losers, it gives them
their strength back.
And to those who are afraid to
venerate, it gives them the humility.

I am alone by the window
on Christmas Eve
for a different kind of meaning.
I am pondering and contemplating
about a love that transcends all.
An unconditional love, bestowed
By God the Father
through God the Son
and God the Holy Spirit.
Can you fathom the depth and breadth
of that kind of love?
I wonder, and I wonder.
My thought strikes the Polaris star,
reminds me of the star that
guided the three Wise Men to Christ.
Yes. That must be the answer.
His innocent face is the answer
To all the hate of this world.
I demean myself on this day,
so that he gets elevated.
I put down the light of my life
so he can brighten up the sky without measure.


The firmament joyously dances
and makes a mark of the panoramic picture
of the Holy Family on this universe.
That’s the image you have to believe in.
That, two thousand years ago,
Christ chose this planet
to make His own.
He did not come as a King or Emperor
but was born in a manger as a humble person.
He showed us that only with humility
can we make this world
fill up with human love. 

Bookmark and Share

No comments:

Post a Comment