|Liberal Party leader Justin Trudeau is the new Prime Minister of Canada after October 19 election defeat of incumbent Prime Minister Stephen Harper|
|A post-election cartoon on Justin Trudeau and a long list of his electioneering promises that need to be realized now|
Cartoon courtesy: National Post
Justin Trudeau's Liberal Party, in the October 19 election, won 184 parliamentary seats out the total of 338 and is now set to form the majority government. As the leader of this party Justin Trudeau will be the next Prime Minister replacing the incumbent Stephen Harper.
The Conservative Party (PC) won 102 seats, New Democratic Party (NDP) 44 seats, Bloc Quebecois 10 seats, and the Green Party 1 seat. In the 2011 election, the Liberal Party was in the third position.
Trudeau is the son of Pierre Eliott Trudeau, who was Canada's Prime Minister twice -- once from 1968 to 1979 and again from 1980 to 1984. His father died in 2000.
Many of the newly-elected Liberal Party MPs are brand new. These rookie members of the parliament will be like "kids in the candy store!" Justin Trudeau needs to give them a thorough orientation, training and mentoring so that they devote their work in the service of all people in their ridings rather than accumulate wealth and prestige, speak trash out of euphoria, and create scandals.
For more on the election and Justine Trudeau, please read the following:
- Justin Trudeau 'feels good' his positive vision won the day (The Toronto Star)
- Federal Election 2015 (The Toronto Star)
- Canadian election 2015 hands Justin Trudeau and the Liberals a majority government (National Post)
- Opinion: Justin Trudeau has confounded his critics (Montreal Gazette)
- Canadian election results 2015: A riding-by-riding breakdown of the vote (National Post)
- Post-election polls suggest reasons behind Trudeau win (cbc.ca)
- Justin Trudeau got help from youth, new voters, social media in election win (The Toronto Star)
- Trudeau wins; here's what he promised and what he'll face prime minister (globalnews.ca)
- Trudeau follows in father's footsteps as leader for generational change (cbc.ca)
- Justin Trudeau's 'Just watch me' note to Halifax man sold on eBay (cbc.ca)
- Justin Trudeau was only two years old when he stole the spotlight and spoke his first words to the media (National Post)
- Meet Justin Trudeau (www.liberal.ca)
- Justin Trudeau (at the Twitter)
- Photos, videos of Justin Trudeau (google.ca)
- Cartoons on Justin Trudeau (google.ca)