|Pope Francis placing the cardinal's biretta (red hat) on Archbishop Patrick D'Rozario, CSC on Nov. 19|
Photo courtesy: www.tkayala.com/
|Newly-elevated Cardinal Patrick D'Rozario in St. Peter's Basilica in the Vatican|
Photo courtesy: AFP
Pope Francis on November 19 elevated 17 persons to the status of the cardinal. They come from Albania, Bangladesh, Belgium, Brazil, Italy, Lesotho, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Papua New Guinea, Spain, Venezuela, and the USA.
Archbishop Patrick D'Rozario, CSC, of the Archdiocese of Dhaka is the first cardinal from Bangladesh. He belongs to the Congregation of Holy Cross, that has been working in the Dhaka and Chittagong regions of Bangladesh since 1853.
For more, please click on the following:
- Pope creates D'Rozario as 1st Bangladeshi Cardinal (Nov. 19, 2016)
- D'Rozario made first Bangladeshi cardinal (Nov. 20, 2016)
- Pope Francis names 17 new cardinals of Roman Catholic Church (Nov. 19, 2016)
- Pope Francis to New Cardinals: Love Your Enemies (Nov. 19, 2016)
- Pope creates 17 new 'progressive' cardinals (Nov. 19, 2016)
- For Bangladesh's new cardinal, papal visit will boost faith (Nov. 19, 2016)
- Creating new cardinals, Francis warns against 'virus of polarization' in the church (Nov. 19, 2016)
- Patrick D'Rozario of Bangladesh among 17 made cardinals (Nov. 20, 2016)
- To 17 New Cardinals, Pope's Job Description: "To Be Merciful In The Heart of The Church" (November 19, 2016)