|Sunil Gomes, a village grocer, in his store at Bonpara Bazar of Natore District|
Photo courtesy: The Daily Star (Dhaka)
Sunil's younger brother, Father Proshanto Gomes, working in the Diocese of Dinajpur, expressed his surprise and anguish at this brutal killing. He said that his brother was a simple villager with no enemies.
This hacking death resembles the earlier IS-claimed killings in different parts of Bangladesh.
Hours earlier, Islamic militants shot the wife of the Superintendent of Police (SP) in Chittagong where he was zealously fighting Islamic terrorism.
For more, please read the following:
- Christian trader killed in Natore (June 6, 2016)
- Islamic murders in Bangladesh: Catholic slaughtered, policeman's wife killed in front of child (June 6, 2016)
- Catholic hacked to death in Bangladesh (June 6, 2016)
- Who was Sunil Gomes? Christian Rrocer Hacked To Death In Northwest Bangladesh (June 5, 2016)
- ISIS kills Christian grocer in Bangladesh (June 6, 2016)
- Christian murdered in latest Bangladesh attack (June 5, 2016)